Monday, February 11, 2008

Rest In Peace Roy Scheider

Police Chief Brody Passes On

Actor Roy Scheider, best known for his role as Police Chief Martin Brody in Jaws, passed away yesterday afternoon at the UAMS Medical Center in Little Rock, Arkansas. He was 75.

Jaws has always been in my top 3 and a lot of that can be credited to Scheider's portrayal of Police Chief Brody. On the surface the film is about a giant shark but underneath it deals with Brody coming to understand his responsibility in the town of Amity and within his family.



While I've seen Jaws countless times I have not yet explored Scheider's many other films. I've seen The French Connection, and thoroughly enjoyed it, but haven't yet visited any of his other films. I'll be sure to look into them now and pay tribute to an excellent actor.

Rest in peace Roy Scheider, you will be missed.

Subscribe in a reader

No comments: