Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mighty Muggs are Sweet

Hasbro has hit the jackpot with their vinyl statues.

I was picking up my comics last week at Pow when I saw the shop had gotten in some sweet new Star Wars vinyl figs called Mighty Muggs. The statues are five inches tall and feature a very smooth and curved artistic style with a big round head on each one. Pow was selling Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Han Solo, and Chewie but hadn't yet received Darth Maul or Stormtrooper figures. I bought Fett and later returned to buy Vader and they are both proudly displayed on my desk at home as I'm typing this. The statues look great side-by-side. I'm not that big of a Star Wars fan yet I couldn't resist picking these guys up.



Now, after doing some detective work online it appears that Hasbro has more in store for their Mighty Muggs line. Star Wars Wave 2 will be released next month and feature the likes of Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode 2), Mace Windu, and C-3P0. I've got to pick up 3P0 as he looks awesome.

Also, Hasbro is bringing out a line of Mighty Muggs based on your favourite Marvel Legends due out in March. The first wave features Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man, and a super sweet looking Venom. I've also seen pictures from SDCC 2007 of a The Thing Mighty Mugg, maybe he's being kept for Wave 2.



Hasbro's Might Muggs are great. They are affordable at $15 a pop (Canadian) and are small enough to display almost everywhere. I can't wait for the Marvel Legends Mighty Muggs and Star Wars Wave 2 should be pretty cool as well.

Cheers.

Subscribe in a reader

2 comments:

g said...

Thanks for the headsup. Gonna get me a Wolverine one. Cheers!

Avi said...

I didn't know if you were aware or not, but Star Wars wave 2 has hit in the States.

IDK about Canada, but just make sure to keep your eyes open since they're hitting already.