Saturday, February 23, 2008

Halo 3 Ghost Town Map Preview

Bungie has released the first images of one of their new maps.

Bungie plans to release a second map pack for Halo 3 this spring. The download will be titled the Legendary Map Pack and is a follow up to the Heroic Map Pack which was released on December 11th of last year. I wasn't a very big fan of the first map pack. Not necessarily because of the quality, they were decent maps, but just because I was on Halo overload and needed to get away from the game for a while. I haven't played it very much since.



Hopefully the Legendary Map Pack can fix all that. Bungie has released pictures of Ghost Town, one of the maps in the new pack, and it looks pretty cool. It features some wide-open areas for firefights as well as some ruined buildings for more confined battles. The map is an asymmetrical map geared for gametypes like CTF and One Bomb but should also work well for FFA and Slayer.



The Legendary Map Pack will hit Xbox Live Marketplace in the spring. I'm in no rush to download the new maps although I'll most likely give them a test run at some point. It's been too long since I played Halo 3, I just haven't felt the urge to pop the game back into my 360.

Cheers.

Subscribe in a reader


AddThis Social Bookmark Button Add to Technorati Favorites


No comments: