Friday, March 28, 2008

Tom Hanks Leaves Fahrenheit 451

Tom Hanks has dropped out of Frank Darabont's film adaptation of Fahrenheit 451.
by Larry_Chimp_Man

I'm a big fan of Tom Hanks as well as Frank Darabont. Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 is also one of my favourite novels. You'd think I'd be upset Tom Hanks has dropped out of the movie adaptation due to other commitments. I'm not.



I'm completely against a Fahrenheit 451 adapted for the silver screen. The book's main message is the importance of literature and I can't see that being portrayed on film. A movie adaptation will most likely focus on the themes of censorship and propaganda, not the eradication of the written word. I have no doubt that a Fahrenheit 451 adaptation would be a great film, it just wouldn't share the same punch found in the Bradbury novel.

Frank Darabont's Fahrenheit 451 will be delayed until the director can find a new Guy Montag. Who would you like to see in the role? Post a comment with your pick.

Cheers.

Subscribe in a reader

AddThis Social Bookmark Button Add to Technorati Favorites

4 comments:

shesangitreal said...

There was already a F 451 movie made in 1966. It was kinda silly. But I disagree, Language is a fluid thing, and it matters not where or how it is represented, be it in film, or art, or literature. I suppose the book was about the eradication of literature, but if you remember reading it, they also lost art, and basically all other sorts of self expression, so a film about this book that focuses on that aspect of the theme might not be so bad. As for me, if I see a film based on a book, I usually read the book shortly after. We may be a culture of the silver screen, but the remaining dregs of us who do know what a book is profit from things like this. Regardless, culture is culture, and I'm not opposed to whichever way it is represented, I appreciate all of it.

Kenneth said...

The original F 451 DID focus on the eradication of the written word and had Bradbury's blessings. He was thrilled when his Martian Chronicles was included in the movie as one of the books being memorized in the book village. Oscar Werner was the ideal Montag. Please see the movie.

Anonymous said...

酒店打工 酒店兼職
台北酒店 打工兼差 酒店工作 禮服酒店
酒店兼差 酒店上班 酒店應徵 酒店 酒店經紀

wedding dresses said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.