Friday, February 9, 2007

TV: Muppets Reality Show In the Works

Muppets set to the tune of The Office. I'm in.

Hoping to bring the Muppets back into the limelight, Disney has decided to develop a mini-series featuring the fuzzy puppets set to spoof reality TV. Shot in a similar style to NBC's The Office, the show will follow the muppets as they set out to create a new show. Rumours have also been circulating stating that, if successful, the show will be a launchpad for new full-time TV series.



This is huge news for me. I've been a fan of the Muppets as far back as I can remember and I'd love to see them start making a comeback. I'd cut off a toe to see Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, and the rest of the gang back in action in a full time TV series. In fact, just thinking about these guys makes me want to pull out all the old Muppet shows I have recorded on VHS in some dusty closet somewhere.

There's no doubt in my mind that the mini-series will be a success. The muppets are known for their banter and their wit and throwing them into a setting similar to The Real World would only amplify that.

If green-lit by Disney, the mini-series will most likely hit the air in the late fall or in early 2008.

Is bringing the Muppets back a good thing or a disaster waiting to happen? Tell me what you guys think.

Cheers.

 Subscribe in a reader

4 comments:

sw said...

As long as they're kept from being too preachy or repetitive, I'm down.

Larry_Chimp_Man said...

I can see the Muppets being targeted towards an older demographic this go 'round. We definitely won't be seeing adult content, but I think it's going to be more than "it's not nice to be rude Miss Piggy."

Anonymous said...

LOL ROFL ROFL

If they make a Muppets Reality show, I would want it to be like surreal life.

That would be nice.

-Steven

Unknown said...

I agree Steven, a Muppets surreal life would be wicked awesome.