Thursday, April 17, 2008

Philip Tan Signs DC Exclusive

The former Spawn artist is now under DC's lock and key.
by Larry_Chimp_Man

Philip Tan has signed an exclusive contract with DC Comics. Known best for his work on Spawn and Spawn: Godslayer Tan will co-pencil DC Universe #0 as well as a yet-to-be-announced title for DC Comics. Tan is clearly excited about his new gig:



“There are some big things happening in the next year at DC. And I'm very excited to be a part of that. The project I'm working on really is one of the biggest of my career. I'm more excited than anyone else to announce this project. Unfortunately, I can't talk about it yet. But now, at least I get to tell people it's something really cool for DC Comics.”

I really enjoyed Tan's work on Spawn and can't wait to see what he'll do for DC. In a perfect world his super detailed and extremely gritty artistic style would translate directly into something Batman oriented but you never know what project he'll pencil.

What do you guys think about Philip Tan's exclusive contract with DC? Are you a fan of Tan's art? Post a comment and let us know your opinion. Also, check back to MediaZEALOT all weekend as we'll be bringing you all the need-to-know news coming out of New York Comic Con.

Cheers.

Subscribe in a reader

AddThis Social Bookmark Button Add to Technorati Favorites

3 comments:

Brendon said...

Update: Tan will be working on Final Crisis: Revelations. It will be a 5 issue mini-series starring the Spectre. It will be written by Greg Rucka, in what might be his last DC work for the next little while.

Larry_Chimp_Man said...

Thanks for the update Brendon, although I'm not as excited as I normally would be for a Rucka/Tan book. DC has really taken a step backward when it comes to quality and it'll be really hard for me to buy into their Final Crisis event. We'll see what happens.

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

酒店打工 酒店兼職
台北酒店 打工兼差 酒店工作 禮服酒店
酒店兼差 酒店上班 酒店應徵 酒店 酒店經紀